We recognise that many of our clients do not have the time that they would wish to devote to their collections or art and antiques.
Rachel has developed a first class support and advisory service to help clients manage all such collections and to ensure that they can enjoy not only the items themselves, but the confidence that they are taking care of them to the best of their abilities, economically and efficiently. We can provide overall curatorial support or create a bespoke package of any combination of the following service elements.
• Identify items requiring conservation.
• Identify appropriate conservators and restorers.
• Plan and run programmes of restoration and conservation.
• Draw up a disaster plan.
Valuation & Insurance
• Ensure appropriate and up-to-date valuations are in place.
• Help negotiate preferential rates from insurers.
• Provide third party valuations for acquisitions and disposals.
• Advise on valuations for raising capital.
• Provide introductions to experienced tax planning professionals to help with IHT and CGT planning or with family division (divorce, probate, raising funding, etc.).
• Undertake valuations for the transfer of items into trusts, the creation of art holding companies or partnerships, etc.
• Provide valuations and help negotiate for the leasing of items under Chattels Rental Schemes.
• Help with the creation of Philanthropic Trusts.
• Assist with requirements of the provision of public access to exempt items.
Property Related Services
• Make recommendations in respect of the environment and conditions in which the items are held.
• Review security, insurance and related issues.
• Advise on decoration and restoration of property.
• Assist with moving to new property.
• Arrange for carriage and secure storage.
MORE ABOUT WHAT WE DO